I am mesmerized by the handiwork of our Creator! Sometimes looking through a lens, I can see intricacies that get lost in the bigger picture. To see the detail of a flower, perfect symmetry of the brances of a tree, or the tender melodies of a babbling brook. I am moved to worship. It is a cathedral unlike any church I have ever been to. My soul soars and my spirit is nourished. I do not worship the creation itself...I am moved beyond it...through it really, as it is but a glimpse, or a mere reflection of the magnificence and slendor of God himself.
Elizabeth Barrett Browning penned it so beautifully, "The earth is crammed with heaven and every common bush afire with God, but only he who sees takes off his shoes."
Oh Lord, that I would gaze deeply and long at the beauty of you. In every crashing wave, in every detail of my childs face, in every heave of my husbands breathing as he lays beside me at night. May I somehow soak it in, may I somehow inhale your very Spirit at that moment. My shoes are off...I welcome these miraculous glimses of your holiness. I revel in you.
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Mesmerized
Posted by MamaPeck at 6:37 AM
Labels: Nature, Reflection, Spirit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


0 comments:
Post a Comment